PADI 4 Day Open Water Course for Living Social Customers
The fun and adventure in diving starts as soon as you begin your PADI OpenWater SCUBA Class at PACIFIC WILDERNESS. Your PADI OpenWater Diver Course is divided into three segments over Four Days:
Only the Desire to have Fun and to Learn to Dive!
(Minimum age 12 to Register)
|The Following Equipment is Required for the PADI Open Water Class:
Note, this Equipment is Required “Basic” Gear at ALL Dive Shops and is not included in the Class. However, if you Purchase this Basic Gear here, you will get FREE PADI Course Materials (a $70 Value) plus a 30 Day Low Price Guarantee on ALL Items!
The true advantage of buying the Basics here is, if it doesn’t meet your expectations during your Pool Sessions, we’ll simply walk you from the Pool area into the Showroom and find you something that does. It’s easy!
Basic Equipment will run $138 and up. All gear we sell is SCUBA Quality.
SEMI-PRIVATE BEACH WEEKEND FOR LIVING SOCIAL PARTICIPANTS
ALL WORK COMPLETED OVER TWO WEEKENDS This is our Accelerated program for those of you limited on time. The Semi-Private beach dives program incorporates about 24 hours of Instruction in Class, Pool and Beach Diving Sessions only. Once you Complete all Class, Pool and 4 OpenWater Dives – your Instructor can sign you off. This Course runs the same as our Standard All Beach Diving Course, but has a 4 to 1 Student/Supervisor Ratio on the Open Water portion of the Class (Standard Ratio is 8 to 1). Prior to Starting Your PADI Open Water Class:
- Pick a Schedule HERE. Please enroll at Least 1 Week prior to start date.
- Visit our San Pedro Dive Center to Pick-up your PADI Books ($70) & Loaner DVD.
- Get fitted & Purchase your Basic Snorkeling Gear. Note: Purchase all (5) Pieces of basic Gear here at One Time and get the $70 PADI Book Package for FREE!
- Read your PADI Open Water Book and Complete All 5 Knowledge Reviews at the end of each Chapter.
- View your DVD in its entirety.
- Fill out your Medical release in FULL. If you answer ANY of the questions on the Medical Form “Yes” you will need to get a signed release from your Doctor. Click Here for Medical Release Form.
Bring to your First Class/Pool Session:
- Your Signed Medical Release. (Doctor’s Release, as well, if you answered any Medical Questions “Yes”.
- Your Books and DVD (DVD to be returned), plus completed homework assignments (All 5 Chapters) to hand into your Instructor.
- Pen, Paper, Swimsuit & Towel plus your Basic Snorkeling Gear.
Typical Schedule: Weekend #1
Saturday morning you’ll meet at the San Pedro Store at 9:00 am. You’ll do some paperwork, Classroom review and break for lunch around noon. Following Lunch you’ll do your swim assessment in our on site, indoor heated pool (85 degrees of comfy, clear, clean water). Following, you’ll put on SCUBA gear & practice honing your Diving Skills. Class should wrap up around 5 pm.
Sunday morning you’ll meet at the San Pedro Store at 9:00 am again. Start with a Classroom review, Final exam and break for lunch around Noon. Following Lunch you’ll put on SCUBA gear & practice honing your Diving Skills and run through Dive scenarios to make you comfortable in the water. Class should wrap up around 5 pm.
Friday the day before your Local Beach Dives, you’ll need to come into our San Pedro Location to pick up your SCUBA Rental Gear (Weekend Rental Included in the class). Plan on about 30 to 45 minutes for fitting, so please don’t show up at 10 minutes till closing (which is 7 pm). If you can’t make it Friday to pick up Rental Gear and wish to pick up earlier, you will be charged a daily rate for the extra days. You may also arrange a pre-fitting and have another Student in your Class pick the gear up for you on Friday as scheduled. You’ll need a “Full Pack” which includes Regulator System, Tank, BC, Weight Belt & Weights, Wetsuit & Hood. You’ll also need to pack your Basic Snorkeling Gear for the Dives as well. Prep your Gear Friday night when you get home and prepare for some weekend Fun!
Saturday morning you’ll get up Early to meet with fellow students and your Instructor(s) at the Local Beach Diving spot at 8:00 am. When you arrive to the Beach you’ll find parking and have a stack of Quarters with you to feed the meter. Following your two dives, you’ll make your way back to Pacific Wilderness for Air Re-Fills on your Tanks (Included in Class) in preparation for Sunday’s final two dives. You can then clean up if you wish and have the rest of the day off to enjoy the rest of your day.
Sunday morning you’ll get up Early to meet with fellow students and your Instructor(s) at the Local Beach Diving spot at 8:00 am again. When you arrive to the Beach you’ll find parking and have a stack of Quarters with you to feed the meter (You know the drill). Following your two dives, you’ll make your way back to Pacific Wilderness to return your rental gear and hang with fellow student graduates (Open Water Divers!) and your Instructor.
NOTE: All classes are booked in advance and Instructors are paid on a “per student” basis – Because of this we may not be able to accommodate special requests, schedule changes or cancellations without fees. Should you wish to cancel after you have already registered for a specific class our Cancellation Policy is;
- More than 14 days from the start date – we will try to fill your spot with another diver. If we are unable to fill your spot, you will be charged a $50 Tuition Cancellation fee.
- Less than 14 days from the start date – we will try to fill your spot with another diver. If we are unable to fill your spot, you will be charged a $100 Tuition Cancellation fee.
- Less than 7 days from the start date – you will be charged a $149 Tuition & Pool Rental Fee.
We recommend checking your personal schedule prior to selecting & registering for your SCUBA Course.
- Weekend #1 Class & Pool Session – $75 per session. However, if you miss Saturday’s Session – you will not be able to attend Sunday’s Session since Sunday’s class builds on Saturday’s Lesson. If this is the case, you’ll need to Pay $150 to make up both sessions. ANY missed Session must be made up PRIOR to your Ocean Dives the following weekend.
- Weekend #2 Ocean Sessions – $75 per session. However, if you miss Saturday’s Dives – you will not be able to attend Sunday’s Dives since Sunday’s class builds on Saturday’s Lesson. If this is the case, you’ll need to Pay $150 and make up both sessions.
Also…Don’t Forget – Buy your “Basic” Equipment (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots & Gloves) from Pacific Wilderness and we’ll give you your OpenWater Materials for FREE (a $70 Value).